Friday, August 19, 2011

Music City!

We decided to leave Crossville a day early so that we could spend a day/night in Nashville. Daddy had been when he was around 15 and mommy was there when she was very little. Pappaw hadn't been there for many, many years and we invited him to come along with us. Matt, Susan and Austin stayed back in Crossville to spend one more day and night there.


Our first stop was at Bass Pro Shop which had just opened up next to the Grand Ole Opry. Our hotel was next to the Opry as well. We thought we were booking a place downtown since we did it online, but didn't realize the Opry wasn't actually downtown. Oh well! Our hotel was really nice and it all worked out.

Mommy and Daddy used to live right next to a Bass Pro Shop store in Chicago. It is a fun place to explore. You feel like you are out in the wilderness. It was nice to just get out of the car after a two hour trip.
Of course, Daddy and I had to check out the 4-wheelers!! Our favorite! He REALLY wants one of his own!!

We even tried on pink "cow hats"!!

After leaving the store, we headed downtown for some lunch and to explore this beautiful Music City some more. There were tons of people since it was a Friday....and maybe it is always like that! Probably so!


We ate lunch at a place called Jack's BBQ. I wouldn't know whether or not the food was good because I had a MAJOR MELTDOWN right after we sat down with our food. I think I was overly tired or something. I started crying and I didn't stop.....for a long time! Daddy had to take me out of the restaurant. We walked on the streets of Nashville while I screamed my eyes out and people stared...until mommy, Pappaw and Vivi finished eating lunch. Poor daddy ate some before taking me out of the restaurant but not much. Needless to say, this didn't turn out like we had planned and I needed a nap...DESPERATELY!!


So, we decided to head back to our hotel and check in. Daddy stayed with me while I took a nap...by the way....as soon as we got in the car to go to our hotel I was out like a light! Mommy, Pappaw and Vivi drove over to Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry to see what it was all about.


Here is the Gaylord Opryland Hotel that was flooded just a year ago. They didn't actually go in because there wasn't a lot of time.



Pappaw and Vivi in front of the Grand Ole Opry House

Mommy and Vivi

Now, that is my kind of "cut-tar"!


Pappaw and mommy went back downtown a little later to check out the local talent and night-life.

They were given some great recommendations from family and friends who lived/live there. The first stop was a bar called "The Stage".....they both loved it!! The entertainment was super awesome and there were tons of people.

Pappaw even met Elvis!

This is Jack's BBQ....the place we ate at / didn't eat at for lunch earlier in the day!



We want to go back to Nashville soon and spend more time...I promise I will be better next time mommy and daddy!! ;)

No comments: