Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Fall Trip with Grandma to South Carolina

Grandma Cindy has been planning a trip to South Carolina for a while now to see Grant and Emma play their sports. She usually goes in the summer and misses these things. Grant is now a Freshman and plays football and Emma is in Seventh grade and plays volleyball. Since she was going to drive she thought we might like to come along and spend the week with them and give her some company on the road. We are so glad we did!! Daddy had to stay home to work, unfortunately, but us girls had a great time!!



We left around 11AM on Sunday, putting us at the Kessler residence around 11:30PM. We got back to Indiana around 6PM on Friday after waking up super early and leaving at 5:30AM. The car rides were very long and Vivi and I were super good on the trip down to South Carolina. The trip back to Indiana on Friday was not quite as good....I was hyper, lacking sleep and liked to see how loud my voice could get in the car. Vivi was good but decided to stick her fist down her throat a few times...the last time was a doozy! She threw up all over herself so the car smelled like vomit. Prior to this craziness we saw some cool things....the Rocky Mountains, a wild goat along the interstate and Grandma saw a dead grizzly bear that had been hit by a car...oops...ok, that probably wasn't so cool...but it would've been if it were still alive?!

On Monday morning, we went to a new walking trail along a river in Fort Mill. It was very scenic and a pretty good way to enjoy the beautiful, sunny day. Grant and Emma had school so we didn't get to see them a whole lot. :( I got to run along the trail and work out some energy from the long drive. It was great and I had a great nap that day! Here I am in a seat carved out from an old tree trunk along the trail.


After the walking trail, we stopped at a park on the way back to Jan's. It was great for Vivi and I with curly slides. swings, teeter totters, merry-go-rounds, etc.!

Aunt Jan took me down the slide and it did wonders for her hair!! hahaha!!


Grandma helped me teeter totter!





That night was Emma's volleyball game and we couldn't wait to cheer her on!! Uncle Jason, Jan, Vivi, me, Grandma and Mommy. (Grant had football practice)



Emma was soooo good!! We were so proud of her and made sure she could hear us from the stands. She scored quite a few points when she served. Way to go, Emma!!




Like I said, we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with our cousins because we were there during the school week, but the time we did spend was AWESOME!! And, when they weren't home I sure enjoyed playing with their old toys....Grant's matchbox cars, Emma's baby dolls, doll house and I even called her room "my house" like I call my room at home! hehe...thanks for sharing guys!



This is Milo, the Kessler dog. He sure is a funny dog and we all had fun with him. He really likes stuffed animals!

I think Grandma was helping Emma with her homework. I am glad I don't have any homework yet!

Wow, Vivi and I look so happy to take a picture, huh?
Awww...mama and daugther

I got the coolest early birthday gift from Aunt Jan. We went shopping on this day and she bought me a pair of real UGGS! Aren't they awesome! Now, I can match cousin Emma! We had to show them off for you!

This is one of mommy's favorites!! Priceless!

Vivi is so close to walking and Aunt Jan is trying to encourage her.

"JAAAAN!" says Vivi

Another great one!

Cheese! Does it look like I am choking my sister?? Nah, just a friendly hug for the camera. :)

Hello down there...can someone please come up here and remove my dress from my underpants? Ugh... how embarrassing!


Grandma wanted a picture of all of us together...if only Jackie were here! :( We will get another one at Christmas with ALL the grandkids!

Grant did NOT want to give me kisses! I gave everyone a goodnight kiss but he refused. I was sad and said "he doesn't want to kiss me". Poor Grant!! We had to tease him of course.


On Thursday, we walked around the Kessler neighborhood which is very spread out and quite hilly and curvy. We made our way to a great little park that we had all to ourselves.






That night was Grant's football game! It was an away game but not too far away. It was a beautiful night but got chilly as the sun went down. Grant did a great job too and I hope we didn't embarrass him too much either. We sure hooted and hollered for him! I was surprised the whole team didn't turn around. :) We are so proud of you too, Grant.


I tired one last time that night for some good-bye kisses from Grant but he just wouldn't budge!!


Thank you so much for your hospitality, Kesslers! We love you all and can't wait to see you soon in Indiana at Christmas!

No comments: