Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2 update....almost there!

Just got home from my ultrasound and check-up. I am dilated to 5cm now...that is some progress from the last couple weeks at 2cm. Yay!! I am getting excited now. I am about 70% effaced (thinned out) and baby's head is still kind of high. Dr. Ertel doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks which would be next Thursday...especially since this baby has been so unpredictable. I will be induced either Monday or Wednesday next week if I don't go on my own before then. They have to wait to hear back from the hospital to see when they have room in the schedule if I make it that far. She said it wouldn't take much for her to keep me there today and break my water since I am already dilated so much.

I have been having contractions the last few days but nothing consistent. Now, that she helped a little maybe my water will break and I will go back in very soon!! That is what I am hoping for.

The baby looked great in ultrasound and fluid level was still high at 12.4. Baby's weight is around 7lbs 4oz (57th percentile) and I gained a few more pounds.

Can't wait to meet this little one!! As soon as I hear about Monday or Wednesday as date of induction, I will add to this post.

No comments: