Thursday, December 27, 2012

12/27 Update - 39 WEEKS!!

Today's appointment went really well! My amniotic fluid level was way up at 15.4...woohoo!! I didn't expect that so I am super pumped! Baby weighed 6lb 12oz and 41st percentile...way different than last week's weight of 7lb 6oz (76th percentile)....don't worry the baby didn't lose weight, it is just very hard to get an actual weight and weekly ultrasounds can vary a lot. I have gained 20 pounds with this pregnancy which is less than my other two...w/ Audrey 33lbs and Vivi 26lbs...I am just fine with that! ;)

Dr. Ertel is on vacation this week and won't be on call until New Year's Eve....so this baby has to wait until then!! ;) Today, I was checked by the Nurse Practitioner and she said the baby's head is pretty low and I the cervix has mostly thinned. I am still at 2cm dilated. I had some major contractions on Christmas night at Kari and Mark's while celebrating with my dad, so I thought I may have dilated more than that. Oh well!! Hope this baby can hang on a few more days. I did go ahead and schedule another ultrasound and appointment for next Wednesday with Dr. Ertel, so we will see if we make it!

I actually thought my water broke after my appointment today when I handed the valet girl the ticket for my car. I said "wait a minute, I am pretty sure my water just broke". So, I went right back up to my doctor's office and was checked to make sure but it was a false alarm. I swear I did NOT pee my pants so I don't know what the heck happened.

39 Weeks
Things are getting tight and a little smooshed!! Chubby little cheeks!!
Stay tuned!!

No comments: