Saturday, July 3, 2010

My New "Big Girl" Room

We had lots of help over the long holiday weekend getting my new room painted and started. Grandma Cindy came down for a couple days and did so much work in there. It is really looking good. Grammy came and helped paint the whole room on Friday as well. I am so thankful to have some wonderful grandma's that care about me so much! I love you both SOOOOOOO much! On Saturday, Jackie, Luann and Aunt Kari came over to help too. Thanks for all the help!

Here are some pictures of the progress we have made so far. There are still many final touches but we are well on our way to having a "big girl" room ready for me when my new sibling arrives. Yippee!!!
Here is the room before. It was a spare bedroom for our guests that we hadn't done anything with since Mommy and Daddy moved into our house in February of 2008.
Here are my awesome grandma's making my room special just for me!
I even liked to climb the ladder behind Grandma Cindy.
Just me and my grandma!!
Here is what we have done in the room so far. Walls painted, custom-built shelves by daddy are in and painted, and my bed is made. We still have to finish the trim-work, add a window seat between the shelves, add blinds and curtains, add an overhead light, change out the headboard and footboard of my bed, and a few more things. But, I like my new room already and I have already started playing in there every day. ;)
Hope you like it too!

No comments: