Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend in Wells County

We went to good ol' Wells County to spend the weekend at Grandma Cindy's house. My cousins from South Carolina were there for a surprise visit as well as Great Uncle Randy and Great Aunt Mary from Seattle. It was great to see everyone. Grandma gave mommy a disposable camera to use so we could get some pictures for my blog of the weekend.
Daddy took Friday off so we surprised Grandma by showing up at her house early. Grant and Emma were at cousin Tobie's house in Fort Wayne so we didn't get to see them until later that night.
We got food from Bummies for lunch and it was yummy! Then, we went swimming in Grandma's pond. Well, Grandma, Daddy and I went swimming while mommy watched from the shore. It was my first time in Grandma's pond and I really liked it. It is a big beautiful pond with lots of fish in it!!
Here I am with Grandma!
Daddy was trying to clean the beach area with a rake since there was some grass growing in it.
I really liked playing in the sand. Daddy put it all over me and I didn't like that so much!
Mommy had to strip me down before we walked up to the house so I wouldn't track in a bunch of sand. Oops...you can see my biscuits!
Seriously Mom!!
That night we drove up to Fort Wayne to have dinner with the out-of-towners at cousin Tobie, Ryan, Sidney and Bella's new house. We had some yummy food and I had a blast playing with all of Sidney and Bella's toys. Bella is about 7 months older than me and Sidney just turned 5. They had the same kitchen set that my friend Kate has in Columbus, Ohio. I want one so bad!!! I could play with it for hours. They also had an awesome purple corvette convertible that cousin Emma took me rides in!! See...
I had so much fun with my cousins! I wish I got to see them more often!
This is Emma with Bella
The next morning, we were all awake before cousin Grant. He was sleeping on the couch with his mouth open! Silly Goose!!
Mommy, Emma and I went to meet some friends, the Nash's, who we hadn't seen in a long time and to visit for a little bit. We got to meet baby Nash. He and his parents live in Nashville, Tennessee and he and his mommy were in town at his grandparents for the weekend. I finally got to meet him in person and he is such a cutie!
Don't you think? He was born on my mommy's birthday so he is 6 months old already!
Emma and I had fun playing with some of his toys!
Aren't we cute together???
Too bad I wouldn't sit still long enough for a good picture! Sorry mommy!
Nash was great for the camera!!
Nash's Grandma Kay, Nash, Emma and I
When we got back to Grandma's house, Daddy helped me play the piano! I am really good!
Then, after lunch we went swimming in the pond again. This time, mommy, Grant and Emma joined us in the water. Great Grandma Betty came over to see all of us and she and Grandma Cindy sat on the beach and watched us swim. That evening, we got to see our cousin's Tobie, Ryan, Bella, and Sidney again, as well as, Great Uncle Randy, Great Aunt Mary, Great Uncle Sid, Great Aunt Susie, Great Grandma Cookie and Great Grandpa Don.
After dinner, a lot of us went fishing. It was my first time fishing and I LOVED it!!
Here is Bella and her daddy Ryan
Grant picking on Emma!! I was in the background playing with Sidney
Emma is holding Sidney and Grant is trying to catch me...ha!! Good luck!
Mommy and I were having fun fishing...so was Sidney in the background.
LOOK!!! I caught a huge bass!!!! Aunt Mary had fun watching me talk to it!!
Look, Emma caught a blue gill and I helped Grandma take it off the hook...well, I didn't really touch it but I wanted to. I just kept opening and closing my hands but didn't actually grab him.
Since we didn't have a digital camera, we couldn't review our pictures so unfortunately we didn't get pictures of everyone. Sorry! Later that night, Jackie and Luann came but I was already in bed. It had been a long couple of days and I needed some rest! I was pooped!!

No comments: