Saturday, September 4, 2010

Family Trip to Kings Island

Mommy, Daddy and I went to Kings Island for a last "Family-of-Three" get away and to celebrate their 6th wedding anniversary. At the end of the month, mommy and daddy will have been together for 16 years!!! :) We had a great time on our little trip and did a lot having only spent one night in the Cincinnati area of Ohio.
We left home around 9AM on Saturday morning and went straight to the amusement park. It was a beautiful, beautiful weekend to spend outdoors. We found that I was a wee bit too short for lots of the rides...even in Planet Snoopy...but we still managed to have a great time. Daddy rode most rides with me since mommy wasn't really allowed in her condition. We stayed at the park until a litte after 3PM and decided to check into our hotel that was nearby. I had taken a nap while we were at the park and daddy got to ride a few roller coasters by himself while I slept. So, when we got to the hotel I was rested and ready to swim in the pool there.
That night, we went to a restaurant called Montgomery Inn which is known for their BBQ. We were referred there by mommy's friends Mike and Hilary (baby Xavier's mom and dad), who live in Cincinnatie. It was really good and I wasn't the most well-behaved but I wasn't terrible either. Mommy and Daddy think I am getting more and more difficult to take out to eat though. Once the baby gets here, I am sure we will be staying home most of the time for a while anyways.
The next morning, we grabbed breakfast on our way back into the park and entered as soon as the gates opened. It was not busy inside at all which was super nice. I actually fell asleep on the way to the park because I had woken up so early that morning and played in our hotel room for a while. So, daddy decided to take advantage of that situation and ride on the newest roller coaster there called the Diamondback. It had really steep drops and he said was a lot of fun. He didn't have to wait in line long at all because he could go in the "single riders" line and moved right up to the front.
By the time he finished riding, I was awake an ready to move. So....we went back into Planet Snoopy an rode a couple of things while we waited on the water park to open. When we went to the water park it was very quiet. Not many people there at all which was nice! They had lots of fun stuff for kids my age to do but the water was pretty chilly since it has been cooling off so much at night. I didn't mind at first but then I would start to shiver. So, mommy and daddy would dry me off and warm me up, then I would be right back in the water.
I went down a few water slides, the first one was with mommy. We were actually supposed to lay down so the current could carry us, but mommy couldn't lay on her back and especially with me in her lap. So, we didn't move down the slide like we were supposed to. Mommy scooted us down very slowly!
Next, mommy wanted to try a different slide with me where we would ride on an inner tube together. But, that didn't work out so well either because I wouldn't sit in it right. I wanted to be wrapped around mommy which wouldn't have worked so well. So, we had to go back down the stairs the long way. Daddy helped me slide down a slide in a different area that I liked better, so I still got to experience a water slide.
We left the water park about 1PM on a train that took us back into the regular amusement park. Then, we decided to go since we were all exhausted. The park was now packed and it was getting warmer out. Plus, it was time for lunch and we just figured we would get back to Fishers at a decent time to relax.
Here are some pictures of our trip!!


I wanted down when we were standing in line for the rides so daddy had to hold on tight. I had ants in my pants!

The Snoopy Sea Plane was my first ride. It went around in circles. Overall, I really didn't act like I cared either way about the rides. Mommy and Daddy expected me to be way more excited when they were moving. Oh well!

You know I love carousels and this was the first time I got to ride one with Daddy!! Yay!
This was one of the only rides mommy got to ride on with us. It was a scary castle and we had boo blaster guns to shoot the ghosts with. Don't worry, I wasn't scared at all!!
I sure did wear out easily!!
It sure was a beautiful day! Back at the hotel, I had some work to do! I got right down to business. (Check out the video at the bottom of this post for more.)
Daddy and I swam for a while! I love my daddy!
This is day #2 when we rode some rides before the water park opened.
Daddy helped me go down the pirate ship slide!
Mommy and I riding on the train! "Choo Choo!" I said

I forgot to mention that we got to meet all of the Charlie Brown characters!! Yay! I really liked this part and I got excited!
High Five Charlie Brown! Hugs from Linus!



No comments: