Saturday, March 26, 2011

Best Birthday Party EVER!

Our neighbor Cooper turns 2 this month and he invited us to his birthday party. It was the coolest because it was at a roller skating rink! I had never been roller skating before but I LOVED it!! I only fell once because mommy helped me the rest of the time. Daddy tried to help me but he wasn't too sure of his own natural skating abilities!


It was like stepping back into the Eighties for mom and dad because it took them back to their junior high days when they went on field trips to these kinds of places. The skates were the same, music the same, video/arcade games and even the snack bar menu was the same. They made suicides for 15 cents extra! Wow!


Here in the background is the claw game. Daddy helps we stroll around on my roller skates for the first time in my life! Don't worry, he is wearing his tennis shoes.

Daddy and Vivi watched from the sidelines mostly.


All of the neon lights made the picture quality kind of poor but you can still see we are having tons of fun! When mommy carried we went skated really "past"!

So, so, so fun....for mommy too!
Chillin by the snack bar getting ready to enjoy some nachos....well, I just licked the cheese off the chips mostly! Nummy!

Aren't these skates cool? They just slipped on right over my shoes and they had brakes built in so they could be on all the time to make them a little safer.
Mommy and Vivi got to watch Daddy attempt to skate with me.
Daddy gave up quickly and we played video games instead....he put the money in for this racecar game but didn't let me take the wheel for fear I would wreck. I wasn't too happy about that!
Daddy had fun pretending he was a teenager again! Check out his wheels! (By the way....I do say "check it out" now. The other day, we were walking on the sidewalk and I told mommy to "check out that rock" in our landscaping. I am too funny!)
I am lightning fast!
I pretended to play the video games and instead took all of the guns out and threw them on the floor. Isn't that how you are supposed to play?
You know it was a super awesome party when you fall asleep as soon as you get in the car to go home....even after having just consumed about a pound of sugar from the yummy birthday cake frosting! Thanks neighbor Ahnerts for such a fantastic time!

No comments: