Saturday, December 10, 2011

A New Tradition!

We started something new this year and are going to formally make it a new holiday tradition....baking Christmas cookies at Grammy's house!! It was so much fun! Austin, Aunt Susan, Aunt Kari, Mommy, Vivi and I were all there. We made so many different wonderful cookies and treats and I had A LOT of icing!!

We all wore aprons...
we helped roll out the cookie dough...

I wore my Great Grandma Betty's apron and licked all the beaters....my favorite!!

Aunt Susan cut out lots of cookies...

...and I iced them (and my tongue) when they came out of the oven. I wanted pink icing!

Aunt Kari mixed things up!

Mommy measured ingredients out...

Grammy gave lots of hugs and kisses....as usual...another one of our favorites!

My sister enjoyed the pink icing, too!

Grammy even made her homemade noodles for lunch....wow, we must be special!!! This is another absolute favorite!

We even managed to find time to pose for Christmas pictures!


After pictures, we needed some more sweets and Aunt Susan made a cookie cake for my birthday. I was going to have a little party there the week prior (since they were sick and didn't make it to my actual birthday party this year). However, I was sick the day we were supposed to go to their house and celebrate. We got to eat cookie cake today though and it was delectable (that's a fancy word for yummy).



Ok, back to eating Christmas cookies again. Neeldess to say the sugar-buzz wore off and Vivi and I both passed out on the way home!

Here I am sneaking cookies. I only ate the icing...wonder where I get that (Aunt Kari)!What a great new tradition to start. Thanks Grammy! Can't wait til next year!


No comments: