Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Update from today's appointment

I wanted to provide an update from today's ultrasound and weekly doctor check-up. I also learned what the fluid level scale is. Anything under an 8 is cause for concern and the scale goes up to 24. A couple Friday's ago I was at a 6, which is why they were very concerned and admitted me. It was up to 11 that afternoon so I got to go home on modified bed rest. Last Wednesday it was up to 16 so they were very pleased with what I had been doing to improve things....lots of water and taking it easy.

Today, the level showed a 12 but the baby grew to just over 5lbs and is now in the 58th percentile for weight. This was good news. I have also gained a couple pounds since two weeks ago which is also good. I measured 31 weeks on the outside, so I am still trending 4 weeks behind that way but Dr. Ertel was pleased that at least I had grown by two weeks since my last appointment.

I will still have weekly ulstrasounds to measure the fluid surrounding the baby and the baby's growth and will also have weekly visits with my doctor since I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. As any pregnancy progresses the placenta delivers less and less to the baby and because of the baby's cord insertion, we will continue to monitor this closely. My next appointment is Thursday of next week, when I will provide another update on progress.

I can't believe that there are only 5 short weeks left until my due date!! We are all getting very excited to meet this little one but hope it is not for around another 5 weeks. ;)

4D ultrasound pic of Baby L's face...eyes, nose, lips...amazing!!

No comments: