Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Early Mother's Day Visit with Grandma Cindy

Since we have Max's first birthday party on Saturday of Mother's Day weekend, we decided to visit Grandma Cindy a week early to spend more time with her....rather than try to squeeze everything into one day. We had a great time at her house. She has so much land to explore!
We drove out to southern wells farmland to see some of our friend's cows. Daddy was raised on a farm with lots of cattle and he wants me to see some of the animals he knew very well as a child. I really liked the cows too and got really excited when I saw them!
We even saw baby calfs that were probably only weeks old. Yay!!
After seeing the cows, we thought we would make a surprise stop at the Beavans' household. Candice wasn't home but Ryan and Kolbie were just hanging out. So, we crashed their party and hung out with them for a while. Kolbie has so many fun toys to play with and after a while we got to know each other better.
Daddy and Ryan had a lot to talk about!
Kolbie is so sweet! She even got a kleenex and helped me wipe my nose...all on her own. Such a big girl! :)
I wish the lighting turned out better on this one but here we are with our daddies!!
Saturday night, we let grandma pick where she wanted to eat. She chose the West End restaurant in Decatur. It was delicious!! We had onion rings, fried fish, fried chicken and I had a grilled cheese. :) YUM! For lunch that day we ate at Bummies in Bluffton...another favorite for sure! Grandma read me a story that night before I went to bed. I love my Grandma and I wish her an absolutely fabulous Mother's Day! We are so blessed to have you in our lives!

No comments: