Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Summer Concert of the Season

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! I just love summer and this is one of my favorite parts! Every year our town puts on a free summer concert series. You get to bring a blanket, chairs, coolers, snacks, have a picnic if you want, dance, sing, mingle with those around you, etc., etc.! It is just awesome! We went to the first one of the season to listen to a Jimmy Buffet tribute band play. There is a different concert every Tuesday night in June and half of July. It was a very steamy evening but we didn't mind at all. We had a steak n' shake picnic with Austin. Grammy and Uncle Mark were there too. Aunt Kari was out of town for work and Aunt Susan and Uncle Matt couldn't make it either. We had enough fun for everyone though!

My baby sis fell asleep on the way over so we didn't want to wake her up just yet.
Grammy enjoyed listening to me sing and watching me dance! I put on quite a show. At times I forgot who the 'real' entertainment was.

Oh....look who woke up!

Daddy and Uncle Mark forgot where we were sitting and they walked right past us. Austin and I were yelling for them!! It was so cute!

Mommy and I

We even got to pet the dog's that were sitting next to us. They were so friendly. They were both adopted and were the same kind of dog as Lady from "Lady and the Tramp". ;)

Vivi certainly enjoyed taking all of this newness in...it was her first concert afterall.

There were even hot air balloons flying overhead in the distance.


Uncle Mark sure knows how to entertain all of us!

Vivi really likes sitting on Grammy's lap.

Daddy entertained us too. We were playing with the flags.

"You wanna race, Uncle Mark?"


"Look at the camera!"

Mommy and her girls

"Look at the camera again, Audrey!"


Airplanes!

...and kisses!

Wow! That was SUPER! Can't wait til the next one!


No comments: