Sunday, June 27, 2010

My first fireworks!

We went to the annual Fishers Freedom Festival Sunday night with Mark and Kari since it is at the park in their neighborhood. We quickly walked to the festival in the smoldering heat and got some fair food to eat. Then, we ran back to Aunt Kari and Uncle Mark's house to try to beat the rain that was coming quick! We almost made it but it started raining in the final stretch. Oh well!
That didn' stop the fireworks that were scheduled to begin later in the evening at dusk. The rain quit soon after it started and everything was a "go". Well, except for me! I fell asleep on Uncle Mark while we were waiting (it was WAY past my bedtime anyways). So, Mommy carried me outside and laid me on the blanket we had set up in the front yard for the fireworks.


Don't worry! I didn't miss the fireworks. I woke up when the first big bang sounded and it didn't even scare me.

I rested my chin on daddy the rest of the show and watched with weary eyes.

No comments: