Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend at Grandma Cindy's

For Vivi's very first Easter, we went to Grandma Cindy's to spend the weekend. We had a super great time there. Grandma's house is so much fun! She has a basement filled with fun toys and lots of room to run on rainy days...which we had on Friday and some again on Sunday.



On Saturday morning, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I went out and helped Grandma feed her birds and squirrels. She lives in the woods so she has lots of animals that come to visit her. She sure does have a lot of bird feeders!! ;) I don't think she wanted me putting the empty peanut shells back in with the new ones!! Oops! Sorry Grandma!She feeds the squirrels corn cobs...these were old ones that I got to play with.
I don't think Grandma realized that Daddy and I like peanuts too. She asked us to fill her feeders, but we ate them while we worked.
While we were feeding the critters, Vivi took a snooze in the play pen Grandma provided. It was great! It's a lot bigger than they make them these days and it was one less thing for us to pack for the weekend...believe me, we had enough to pack!

Vivi is rolling over onto her stomach to sleep now. So peaceful!
Now the feeders are full so it is time to hang them up for the birds. Woodpeckers especially like peanuts. According to Grandma, they peck right through the shell and eat the peanut.
Look how tall I am! REACH


I wasn't quite tall enough for this one...

Jackie and Luann didn't get there until around 7 on Saturday night so we just played for a little bit before bed time.

I helped play with the eggs the Easter Bunny was going to fill.

Happy girls!


On Easter morning, we woke up and went to Grandma's church to celebrate the true meaning of Easter. The Lord has Risen!!! Yay!! What a terrific thing to celebrate. I had so much fun in my classroom. I got to move to a different room than last time where we made crafts, sang songs and got a chocolate sucker and a stuffed lamb. WOW!

For lunch, Grandma's side of the family came over as well as Great Grandma Betty. It had been a while since we had seen some of them (Thanksgiving) since we had the flu at Christmas.


Great Aunt Susie just loves babies!

Grandma Cindy and her mom Great Grandma Cookie nibbling on some ham before lunch

Great Grandma Betty

Visiting before time to eat

Vivi loves all of her Grandmas!!


Great pictures!!

After lunch, we got to play outside by the pond! Don't worry...there was plenty of adult supervision.

Great Uncle Sid, Cousins Tobie and Ryan

Cousin Erin and her mom Tria who was here from Oklahoma, and Cousin Zach

Vivi sure liked Tobie, but who doesn't?!?! ;)

Cousin Sidney in her beautiful Easter Dress

I already changed out of my Easter dress and Mommy didn't get any pictures. :( Oops!

Visiting with Great Grandma Betty

Happy Easter Everyone!!


No comments: